Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blue Dawn is a Lifesaver!

I'm sure you have all been there.  You know the scene.  You are cooking in your kitchen and making pasta.  The stove gets a little too hot and some sauce ends up on your shirt.  ARRRGH!  Now your shirt is ruined!

Or is it?

Ok, for years when I would get little grease stains on my clothes, I would try to treat them with Shout, which would sometimes work, and eventually donate them or trash them depending on how bad the stains were.

I tell my husband to remove his work shirts before he has Italian food with us :)

Then about three years ago, I started buying Matilda Jane clothes for my little girl.  She has been known to dirty up her MJ.  For those of you that own this brand - you also know that it is a little expensive (compared to Carter's) and so taking care of it and making sure it doesn't get ruined is important.  At the same time though, I'm a firm believer in letting my kids get dirty and be kids!

I joined a bunch of mom groups on Facebook and a few ladies mentioned getting "blue dawn" to get out stains like that.  I had no clue what they were talking about.  It sounded like a fancy detergent.  WRONG!  They literally meant the blue Dawn dish soap.

I've been using the stuff for years now and it actually does work!  There's something about the fact that it works on removing oil from pots and pans -- it does the same for your clothes.  Here's a pic of me using some this afternoon.



All you have to do is apply it directly to the stains -- and then wash the items like you normally would.  That's that!  No more freaking out when pasta sauce gets on your shirts.  Let kids be kids... and let husbands be husbands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment