Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Keto Bagels

This morning's trial-and-error from Pinterest comes to us from Wholesome Yum!  The other night my kids and husband decided to have a simple dinner -- bagels and fruit.  We regularly have breakfast for dinner in my house, so this wasn't too surprising -- but the smell of those bagels toasting really got me thinking about carbs..... and so I turned to Pinterest go get inspired.  I also follow a Facebook page about the Keto diet and others had been trying to make Keto bagels and loved them -- so I thought I'd give it a try. 


The recipe is actually very easy and only takes 5 ingredients! 

1.5 cups of almond flour
1tbsp of baking powder
2.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 ozs of cream cheese cubed
2 large eggs (beaten)


Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 400 and line your baking dish with parchment paper.

2. Put the almond flour and baking powder in a dish, mix it together, set aside.

3. Combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl - then microwave it for two minutes, stirring it half way through and then at the end to combine it well.

4. Stir the flour mixture and eggs into the cheese mixture -- knead it well with hands until a soft dough appears.

5. Divide the dough into 6 parts.  Form a long log with each of the pieces and then form it into a circle (the bagel shape).

6. Bake for 10-14 minutes.

Voila!



So they turned out well, but they were a bit too salty for me.  I think if I did it again I might add some seasoning.  You could probably add a little cinnamon and stevia to have more of a sweet taste.  I prefer my bagels to be sweet.  Some people online have used this recipe to make these and then have burgers on them (so use them as a bun) or for sandwiches at lunch time. 

This was an easy recipe and I would do it again (but I'd do it a bit differently next time).


No comments:

Post a Comment