Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Stuffed Peppers

While visiting family in VA, I decided to try my hand at making some stuffed peppers Keto style.  I didn't actually follow any recipe on Pinterest for this one, I just came up with it on my own.

Ingredients:
Green peppers (as many as you like, we used 6)
Hamburger meat (you can use 1 or 2 pounds, depending on how meaty you want them)
Cauliflower rice (I bought the frozen version at Walmart that you microwave)
Pizza sauce (look for a low-carb version)
Mozzarella cheese


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350
2. We cooked our hamburger meat until it was brown.
3. Microwave the cauliflower rice (or cook it until the water is gone depending on what version you have)
4. Mix the meat and rice in a bowl
5. Take the insides of the peppers out (stems and seeds) and wash the peppers.
6. Stuff the peppers with the meat/rice mixture.
7. Top with pizza sauce
8. Place in baking pan.
9. Let bake for 20 minutes (or more or less depending on how you like your peppers to taste)
10.  Remove from oven and add cheese on top of each pepper
11. Put back in oven for a few minutes until cheese has melted.
Voila!

They were very good. I've been experimenting with cauliflower rice for a while now and my family couldn't even tell the difference between it and regular rice with this recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment