Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Brazilian Cheese Rolls -- Like Fogo de Chao!

I love Fogo de Chao!  I mean LOVE it... like gotta have it - as often as possible.  Yes, my waistline probably isn't happy about that -- but God, sometimes all a lady wants is a bacon wrapped filet and some Brazilian cheese rolls.

I'm always tempted to put those little rolls in my purse and eat them later.  I could eat a whole order on my own.  Seriously! 

My kids love them.... my family loves them...

I've always wondered if I could make them at home.  Guess what?! I CAN... and I DID... and I'm currently eating my third batch :)



A bunch of you on Facebook have been begging for the recipe, so.... here goes:

Ingredients:
One egg room temperature
Tapioca flour (1.5 cups "scant" -- not exactly full)
Milk (2/3rds cup)
Olive Oil (1/3 cup)
Grated cheese (1/2 cup compacted, whatever cheese you would prefer)
*salt (optional -- depends on how salty your cheese is)







Get out your blender.
Turn on your oven to 400 degrees.
Put the egg, flour, milk, oil, and cheese into blender. 
Blend.
Scrape down sides of blender to be sure it all gets mixed well.
Blend again.
Pulse it a few times.






It is going to be pretty runny looking when you are finished.  Here's a shot during the blending process :)

Grab a muffin pan.  You could do mini muffins if you like (I think that's what they do at Fogo), but I have a big muffin pan.  Use whatever you got.

Spray the pan generously with cooking spray.

Fill up each cup 1/2 way full.



Put in oven for 20 minutes.

I take them out around 19 so they don't get too brown..... 


And the end result:  Heaven! 




No comments:

Post a Comment