Monday, May 18, 2015

Making an Egg Wreath - Pretty Easy Actually

Since Easter just passed, I thought I would share another Easter craft with you that worked out.  Back when I joined Pinterest in 2012, I came across this post here about making an egg wreath.  I had seen many at some of the stores around town and had considered purchasing one, but when you can buy bags of eggs at the Dollar Tree, it is difficult to justify spending $30 on a wreath when you could make one for less than $5.



What do you need for this project?
* Lots of eggs (I used about three bags of 18 each)
* Foam wreath form
* Hot glue gun
* Ribbon if desired

All you have to do for this craft is hot glue the eggs to the wreath form, and add the ribbon.  Easy right?  I thought it was.  Hot glue is like magic :)

Here's my result:





The only thing Pinterest doesn't tell you: if you live in the South where it is especially warm around Easter (we live in Houston and sometimes see temps in the 90s at Easter), the eggs might gradually fall off.  That's nothing a little more hot glue won't fix though.

Here's a pic of me and my daughter the first year I made the wreath.






No comments:

Post a Comment