Friday, May 15, 2015

Paw Patrol Birthday Party


I'll start off this blog sharing a little about a birthday party inspired from Pinterest. Last year my daughter turned three.  She begged me for a Paw Patrol birthday party.  At the time, there were no Paw Patrol themed party supplies at all of the major party stores -- so I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration.  Boy did I find some cool ideas.

First, let's start with the food:


Pinterest had some pretty neat ideas for the drink portion of this party.  Since this was "dog themed," a few people had turned some water blue and called it "toilet water."  This was one of the biggest hits of the party!  I used Kool Aid (yes, that's right... call in the sugar police).


I also had recently ordered some jelly jars that were on sale at Amazon.  Someone on Pinterest had used  cupcake liners to keep the bugs out of drinks (since their party was outside). See that idea here.  I loved that idea and had to steal it and use it with these jars and paper straws.


Nothing is easier than the food for this party.  Since it was a dog themed party, we served hotdogs (not shown here).  We also had "chew sticks" (pretzels), "pupcorn" (popcorn), "puppy chow" (that's actually what that desert is called), and sugar cookies cut out to look like dog bones.  The cookies actually ended up being more of a Pinterest fail, and I'll get to that in a moment.  





Each of the guests received their own Paw Patrol sucker -- with free printables available from Nick Jr. here.  



 We also wanted to do something a little unique as a "treat" for each kid that came, so we had a Puppy Adoption Station - where the kids could fill out a puppy adoption form and take home a little friend.  The form is also available as a free printable here.

We also asked guests to bring donations for the Animal Shelter instead of gifts. 


My little girl had a wonderful time.




No comments:

Post a Comment