Monday, May 22, 2017

Keto Pancakes

Breakfast is the hardest part of this diet.  Since I cannot have carbs or sugar, that eliminates many of my favorite foods for breakfast (biscuits, waffles, pancakes..... I could go on and on).  I found a recipe for Keto pancakes on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.   This recipe comes from Girl Versus Dough:

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid state, not solid*)
  • ¼ cup coconut flour (see link above in post for my recommendation!)
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
(I didn't have "sea salt" so I just used the regular stuff)
To make these Keto friendly, I also substituted Stevia for the granulated sugar

Directions:
1.  Melt your coconut oil.
2. Mix your coconut oil with eggs and milk in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients.
4. Add the ingredients together and mix until there are no lumps.
5. Grease griddle with butter and drop by ladels to make pancakes.
6.  Cook each side 1-2 minutes (when bubbles form -- flip).
7.  Serve with berries and sugar-free syrup :)



NOTE: This recipe only made 6 small pancakes (and yes, it took 4 eggs!).

This recipe turned out very good actually -- and my kids ate them.  My daughter said she could tell they weren't normal pancakes, but she still thought they were good.


No comments:

Post a Comment