Monday, May 22, 2017

Well.... results are in!


I mentioned a while back that I was planning on doing this diet for a month, see what the end results are, and then decide whether to continue during the summer.
Well, the results are in.....

I have lost 20 pounds over the past month on this diet!

Holy crap!

Now let me say that if you are thinking about hopping on the Keto train, there are some things you should know.  Results vary for everyone.  Just because I lost 20 pounds doesn't mean you will.  I was addicted to Coke and Mountain Dew (like a few a day).  Cutting that out of my diet probably had a lot to do with my results.  Plus I do zumba regularly and a couple weeks ago got an elliptical for my garage that I use.

Secondly, you can't just do this diet without taking some supplements, like potassium and magnesium. Leg cramps come with this diet (along with some other negative effects that I will save for another post). Because of these mineral imbalances, I have made an appointment with my regular doctor to check all of the important levels in my blood.  

So, will I continue this diet? Yeah- probably for the summer.  Then I will have to study up on ways to come off of it gradually.  Wish me luck.  I will try to put regular updates on this page throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment