Saturday, May 6, 2017

Keto Sausage Balls - Success

As all of my close friends will tell you, I love making sausage balls for special occasions.   Truth is, I don't even need a special occasion to make them.  My children love them, family members love them, and I love them.

When I started this diet, I looked around on Pinterest for things I could make that would be "like carbs." I stumbled upon this sausage balls recipe from Keto Size Me.

I went out, bought Almond Flour, and decided to try the recipe -  and it works!  My son ate 5 of these the other day.  (Now I can tell you that they don't taste exactly like the Bisquick version- but they are a good substitute)





Here's what you should do:



Gather all of the ingredients.  For this recipe, you need a pound of sausage (we like the spicy sausage best), almond flour, butter, an egg, parmesan cheese, bag of sharp cheddar cheese, baking powder, and salt. 


What the recipe link above doesn't tell you is whether to brown the sausage before you add it to the mixture you make.  I always brown my sausage first - even with the Bisquick recipe.

Mix up your egg, butter, salt, and baking powder first.  Then add your almond flour, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and sausage.  Mix well.  The pic below is what your mixture should look like before you turn it into balls.




Then use a large spoon and your fingers to make the sausage balls and put them on a butter lined baking sheet.  Cook at 350 for 16-20 minutes. 

Let me know if you try it and if you like it.  This is one recipe that I plan to repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment