Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Keto Diet

I recently decided to go on a diet.  I haven't been on one since I was in high school, and I have been hearing good things about the Keto diet from friends (including my good friend Kelley -- more on that later).

For those who haven't heard of the Keto diet, it's like Adkins on crack.  There is a state of the body called Ketosis, where your body actually runs off fat instead of sugar.  To do a Keto diet, you have to cut all carbs and sugar from what you eat.  It is not for the faint of heart.

Now, those who know me well will tell you that I am a Mountain Dew-aholic, and I eat carbs all the time (I mean, who doesn't?).  I really think I can do this though, and it will hopefully make me feel a little better (more energy please...).  

I have now been on the diet exactly two weeks, and I have tried some very interesting Keto recipes from Pinterest.  My next few blog posts will be about those that worked well, and those you shouldn't waste your time on (if you are on this diet).

I told myself that I would do this diet for a month and then check my results.  I will post my results on May 19th.  If I haven't lost any weight, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be heading over to a donut shop.  If I have though, I plan to keep this up for a while.

I hope you enjoy the next few posts.  Let's hope I can keep this up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment