Friday, August 28, 2020

Freeze those Black Cherry Tomatoes before Peeling!

 I know this probably sounds really strange to those of you who have been growing veggies for a really long time, but I'm a 38 year old woman who has never tried to grow tomatoes in my entire life! IKR?! 


Anyways, my tomatoes have really taken off this year -- there are a ton of them!  Most of them are still very green, but some are HUGE!  So, I've started taking them off the vine to make some different things with them.  

This post isn't a green tomato post as much as it is about something I learned from Pinterest!  

Mom brought me a bag of small tomatoes -- called black cherry tomatoes.  They are super small -- and I wanted to do something with them (like salsa, tomato sauce, pasta sauce.... something!) so I turned to good ole' Pinterest to save the day.  

I came across this post that suggested that if I wanted to use them to make any sort of sauce, I should freeze them before peeling them.  AND GUESS WHAT?!?!  It works!!!!!!! 

 

I even got my daughter in on the action.  

Last Saturday -- we started making pasta sauce, that my husband then doctored up and we ate for dinner.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment