Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Luau Birthday Party

 

 

Before we left TX, my daughter turned 8.  For her birthday, she asked that we have an island/luau theme (gosh.... y'all remember when we actually had birthday parties?!?!)  What resulted in her being really interested in this theme (I think) was that she had found a box of leis I had in our garage that I bought at Goodwill.  She thought they were so cool and colorful and wanted to give them to everyone. 

So the planning began.

At other birthday parties for my children, I often used a poster board background for the cake table, so I used a blue one and covered it with luau themed bulletin board supplies from the Dollar Tree (most of my decorations came from Dollar Tree).  


Her cake was so colorful and came from HEB (gosh I miss that grocery store).  I ordered a pinata birthday cake -- when you cut into it -- sprinkles fell out :)  Yumm!!


The other food for the day was all "island" themed.  We had a lot of fruit, and island themed drinks.  The kids also had snowcones that we made using flavors we picked up from Buzzles (a local TX snow cone shop).

 
As for party favors - everyone got a lei 😆  


 
I also set up a ring toss game in the backyard with flamingos I picked up at the Dollar Tree -- and our bouncehouse made an appearance (and all of the kids got in it to collapse it - LOL.  



 
It was a great birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment