Sunday, August 16, 2020

Baked Yellow Squash Parmesan Bites

 



Ok -- before we get started talking about everything that has happened with me and my family over the past three years, I wanted to share this recipe with you that I actually just made an hour ago.  For those of you who have grown yellow squash in your gardens, if you are anything like me - you probably have gone looking for ways to use up the squash you have grown.  I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and tried it out -- and it turned out really good (and it is super simple -- which is the only type of recipes I appreciate - ha!).  

Also - if you are doing a low-carb diet like Keto, you should try this recipe!

Baked Yellow Squash Parmesan Bites

Items needed: Yellow Squash, Salt/Pepper, Garlic Salt, Parmesan Cheese (ok... yes... that's like 5 ingredients -- but technically you don't have to use the salt/pepper and garlic salt -- I did and loved it).

1. Cut your squash in slices (take off top and bottom -- discard).

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this will help with the baking process).  Turn on your oven to 350.

3. Lay your squash slices on the baking sheet (on the parchment paper)

4. Dust each slice with some salt, pepper, garlic salt (this is the step you could skip -- but I think this really adds to the recipe)

5. Place a spoonfull of parmesan cheese on top of each slice.

6. Bake until brown.

(and yes - that's my son's favorite pizza baking above the squash!)

7. EAT! (the most important step)

No comments:

Post a Comment